Are you planning an event in Mount Pleasant, or know of one that is coming up? Contact Us and we will add it to this calendar.
MPMS Membership Drive - Please Donate Today
As we approach the holidays we’d like to thank you for your interest in Mount Pleasant Main Street (MPMS), for volunteering and for participating in our Facebook community. We’d like to alert you to all the exciting activities performed by our organization and ask you to help us out with a contribution.
Since its inception in the early 90’s, MPMS has worked to attract more people to shop with Mount Pleasant merchants, enhanced the physical appearance of the business district and provided entertaining and educational community events. It collaborates with DC agencies, the ANC and other neighborhood groups on a number of quality of life concerns - transportation, sanitation, economic and business development, safety, recreation and entertainment.
More than 800 residents, friends and business owners receive highlights of our activities, special events and business promotions through our email newsletter, Facebook page and website. Some past, current and upcoming activities include the following:
• Business promotion and on-line business directory (www.mtpmainstreet.org)
• Business training, retention & acquisition support
• Pursuit of grants for community, streetscape and economic development
• Collaboration with DC agencies, our ANC and neighborhood groups on planning activities
• Storefront façade improvements with MPBA, HMP and other organizations
• Lamont Park cleanup, maintenance, and restoration
• Green Team
• Bike racks and bike share the road signs (sharrows) with DDOT
• Graffiti removal and sidewalk gum removal
• Street light banners
• Spring & summer music concerts in Lamont Park
• Summer & fall outdoor movies series in Lamont Park
• Temporium pop-up arts and crafts shop using vacant retail
• Holiday celebration with MPBA
Your cash contributions and in-kind donations are extremely important to help us meet our organizations minimal yet basic operating and program costs. These costs are supplemented by many hours of dedicated board and community volunteer time.
Please select a membership amount: ($30, $50, $100, $250, $500, other) which may be paid on-line via our website (www.mtpmainstreet.org) using PayPal (Donate) or by check written to Mount Pleasant Main Street and dropped in the door slot of our community office space or mailed to us at 3213 Mount Pleasant St. Washington DC 20010. Mount Pleasant Main Street is a 501 (c) (3) volunteer organization. Membership contributions are tax deductible. Send us your contact information (email & address) and indicate if you would like a receipt.
We are very grateful for your support, and hope to see you at our Annual Meeting planned for January 2013 or on Mount Pleasant Street.